In this episode of the Prosperity Thinkers Podcast, the focus is on the importance of philanthropy and giving forward. The hosts discuss the concept of the “velocity of money” and how participation in initiatives like kiva.org can help move money and improve one’s own personal economy. They highlight different ways of engaging in philanthropy, such as donating small amounts to causes important to the individual, using donor-advised funds, and even creating a family foundation. Spencer and Kim agree that engaging in philanthropy can provide a sense of purpose, align with one’s values, and create opportunities for families to bond and work together for the greater good.
Best-selling author Kim Butler and Spencer Shaw show you how to take more control of your finances. Tune in to The Prosperity Podcast to learn more about Prosperity Thinkers thinking and strategies today!
Do you have a question you would like answered on the show? Please send it to us at email@example.com and we may answer it in an upcoming episode.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- For resources and additional information of this episode go to https://prosperitythinkers.com/podcasts/
- The concept of giving forward and its importance for enabling money to keep moving.\
- Kim shares her own experience with microloan organization Kiva.org, and how it helped her get money moving during a difficult time
- The book “Busting the Charitable Giving Lies” and its current status
- Discussion of donor advised funds and their benefits for controlling where donations go
- Kim shares her experience of participating in her alma mater’s 24-hour giving day and the impact it had on her
- The importance of starting small with charitable giving and how it can put energy and thought behind the causes you care about
- Various methods of giving, from small donations to creating a full public charity
- How families can involve multiple generations in the process of choosing and researching charities to support
Special Listener Gift
- Free eBook: Activating Your Prosperity Guide.
Kim Butler’s groundbreaking eBook/ audiobook explains why typical financial advice may be sabotaging your wealth… and what to do instead!
Review and Subscribe
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Subscribe on your favorite podcast player to get the latest episodes.