Kim and Spencer discuss the concept of living for experiences versus living for stuff. They share personal experiences and observations from their careers and highlight the importance of focusing on more meaningful aspects of life, such as relationships and personal growth. The conversation touches on the role of social media in showcasing one’s possessions or experiences, and they emphasize the need to be aware of the messages being sent to children about the importance of material possessions. Kim and Spencer also discuss how they incorporate celebration and tradition into their lives in ways that are personally meaningful rather than centered around material possessions.
Best-selling author Kim Butler and Spencer Shaw show you how to take more control of your finances. Tune in to The Prosperity Podcast to learn more about Prosperity Thinkers thinking and strategies today!
Do you have a question you would like answered on the show? Please send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we may answer it in an upcoming episode.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- For resources and additional information of this episode go to https://prosperitythinkers.com/podcasts/
- Discussing living for experiences and focusing on things like hikes in the woods, beautiful sunsets, and family moments instead of showing off material possessions like cars and homes
- Kim shares examples of how small changes and investments in property can make significant impacts on daily experiences such as a swing for relaxation with her dog or a morning walk to feed the alpacas
- How being conscious of living for experiences can extend to teaching the same values to children in the family
- Prioritizing family activities and time spent bonding creates a valuable environment for growth and connection
- Why you should start celebrating your wins
- Kim admits that while she could do a better job, she is happy with her life and her social interactions, despite not celebrating in the traditional sense
- Tying celebration to accomplishments and milestones like annual premium payments for life insurance policies. This way, every time an annual premium is paid, it’s an opportunity for a small celebration with a dinner, massage, or another activity as a reward for the effort put in
Special Listener Gift
- Free eBook: Activating Your Prosperity Guide.
Kim Butler’s groundbreaking eBook/ audiobook explains why typical financial advice may be sabotaging your wealth… and what to do instead!
Review and Subscribe
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Subscribe on your favorite podcast player to get the latest episodes.
Disclosure: Our content is meant for educational purposes only. While it’s our goal to help you learn about building a life of prosperity, we do not intend to provide financial advice. Please consult your financial, tax or legal advisor before making any investment or financial decisions.