Understanding the difference between match and max on a 401k can be confusing. In this episode Kim Butler lays down the foundation and supplies strategies if you have existing 401k and Roth IRA plans. She even explains why we should shift assets into a more safe category.
Tune in with Kim D. H. Butler and Spencer Shaw to find out how to take control of your finances today. Do you have a question you would like answered on the show? Please send it to us at welcome@ProsperityThinkers.com and we may answer it in an upcoming episode.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- For transcriptions and additional information of this episode go to https://prosperitythinkers.com/category/podcast
Special Listener Gift
- Free eBook: Financial Planning Has Failed
- 0:29 – What’s next after a Roth IRA and 401k
- 1:24 – The first step is to create a foundation
- 2:38 – Why you should only fund your 401k to the match level
- 4:24 – How come you don’t control the Roth IRA and 401k
- 5:18 – Really good investments need lump sums of money
- 6:16 – Should you cancel your 401k plan?
- 7:34 – Shift existing assets in a 401k to not stock market related choices
- 8:44 – Making a major change isn’t usually necessary and often not beneficial
- 10:07 – Borrowing against the difference of the match and max
- 12:45 – You always want your dollars to be moving
- 13:41 – While borrowing against cash value life insurance the growth of cash value is unaffected
Review and Subscribe
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Subscribe on your favorite podcast player to get the latest episodes.
- Click here to subscribe with iTunes
- Click here to subscribe with Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe with RSS
Disclosure: Our content is meant for educational purposes only. While it’s our goal to help you learn about building a life of prosperity, we do not intend to provide financial advice. Please consult your financial, tax or legal advisor before making any investment or financial decisions.