Could you imagine how a $500,000 income could be considered scraping by? Kim and Spencer dive into the actual definition of scraping by and give us some examples of their own experiences as financial advisors. Stay tuned to listen to our hosts discuss the terms “lean years” and “green years” as they analyze their applications with an example of a couple that has a $500,000 year-income.
Best-selling author Kim Butler and Spencer Shaw show you how to take more control of your finances. Tune in to The Prosperity Podcast to learn more about Prosperity Economics thinking and strategies today!
Do you have a question you would like answered on the show? Please send it to us at email@example.com and we may answer it in an upcoming episode.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- For resources and additional information of this episode go to http://partners4prosperity.com/category/podcast
- Defining income and expense – 0:48
- Lean years and Green years – 1:00
- The profitability of a business – 1:14
- What is a green year? – 1:40
- Teaching your kids about lean and green years – 2:52
- Example of a lean year – 3:13
- Earning $500,000 a year – 3:50
- Discussing the CNBC article – 4:16
- Discussing the subject of “money” with the family – 9:22
- Communication in the family – 10:05
- Increasing your cash flow – 10:30
- Discussing the importance of “savings” – 10:55
- A high-income earning couple – 12:34
- Saving first – 12:46
- The cost of personal care – 14:24
- Thinking differently to get different results – 17:58
Special Listener Gift
- Free eBook: Financial Planning Has Failed
Kim Butler’s groundbreaking eBook/ audiobook explains why typical financial advice may be sabotaging your wealth… and what to do instead!
Review and Subscribe
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Subscribe on your favorite podcast player to get the latest episodes.