Educating your children can be a daunting yet important and fulfilling task, but when it comes to money, what’s the appropriate age to educate them? In this episode, Kim and Spencer talk about how early you should start educating your children about finances and money… Stay tuned and enjoy this episode!
Best-selling author Kim Butler and Spencer Shaw show you how to take control of your finances. Tune in to The Prosperity Podcast to learn more about Prosperity Economics thinking and strategies today!
Do you have a question you would like answered on the show? Please send it to us at welcome@ProsperityThinkers.com and we may answer it in an upcoming episode.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- For resources and additional information on this episode go to https://prosperitythinkers.com/category/podcast
- Book Kim mentioned: https://www.amazon.com/Even-Your-Toes-Turn-Purple-ebook/dp/B072HL74P4
- Kim’s latest book: https://prosperitythinkers.com/perpetual-wealth-book
- Teaching them as early and as often as possible – 0.28
- The idea of delayed gratification – 1:10
- Having conversations at 3 or 4 years old with our children – 2:30
- Teaching the connection between work and money – 3:39
- Being conscious of the words that we use around our children about money – 4:32
- Can I afford it or how can I afford it? – 5:55
- An example of not having money to afford a car – 6:32
- Kim recommends a book: Even If Your Toes Turn Purple – 7:16
- Teaching our children from an entrepreneurial perspective about money – 7:48
- How you speak about money impacts younger people – 9:31
- Being aware of our language now to create a legacy generation – 10:01
- Kim’s book Perpetual Wealth and the Legacy part – 10:30
- Strategies for raising responsible children – 11:26
- Working with the younger generations – 12:20
Special Listener Gift
- Free eBook: Financial Planning Has Failed
Kim Butler’s groundbreaking eBook/ audiobook explains why typical financial advice may be sabotaging your wealth… and what to do instead!
Review and Subscribe
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Subscribe on your favorite podcast player to get the latest episodes.